It is a point of time which you create for keeping the records of your computer configuration.
Why do you need it?
Suppose if your computer gives trouble after using for a certain period of time. Then you revert back to the earlier settings when your computer worked correctly.
So when should I create a restore point?
If you have freshly installed a new version of windows and installed all the requirements then it is the right time to create a restore point.
Does it change my files and folders or Will I loose the documents?
No, what ever document you have created in Office or other programs remains the same. But the if you have installed programs then it may be removed from the computer.
So how do i create a Restore point in Windows 7?
- Right click on “My Computer”.
- Click on “Properties“.
- Then “System Properties” dialog box appears.
- Click on “System Protection” from the left side as shown in the above diagram.
- The following dialog box will appear.
- Select a drive i.e C: D:, E: for which you want to create a restore point.
- Click on “create” button.
- Now you have to give a name for the restore point.
- Click on Create
- Then the restore point is created.