Gotham Font is derived from Sans-serif which is widely used now-a-days. It was developed by American designer Tobias Frere-Jones in 2000. Its popularity rose because of it’s use in big campaigns like Barack Obama’s campaign. It is used in Newspaper like The Newyork Times, GQ magazine and many other noticeable medias and films poster.
How to download and install Gotham Font
- You can download it from download.com
- After download run the Gotham Font installer.
- After installation you get the zipped folder for the font.
- Extract it.
- You get two folders “gotham_nights” and “winter_in_gotham“.
- Open each folder and Press “Ctrl +A” to copy all the fonts.
- Now open control panel.
- Click to open “Fonts“.
- Press “Ctrl + V” to paste the copied fonts.
How to use Gotham Font in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Open Microsoft word.
- You can use the font in two ways – either you can set the font at first or you can change the font later on.
- Type any sentence. Your will have default font at first.
- Select the sentence
- Click on the font download menu and select “Gotham Font“.
Note:- If you want to use the Gotham Font for Microsoft Excel you can use the same method above.
How to use Gotham Font in Photoshop.
- Open Photoshop.
- Right click on the text tool and click on “Horizontal Type tool“.
- Type the text and select it.
- Click on the Font drop down menu and select “Gotham Nights“.