If you are looking for ways to convert an excel file to PDF for free then in this article, I will show you two ways. One is online and the other is offline. Both ways are free of use and have their own advantages.
Method 1 of 2: Offline using Free Excel to PDF converter
- Download Free Excel to PDF converter from softonic.
- Open the program.
- Click on “Add” button to browse the location of the excel file and add it.
- Select the added file to see the number of sheets in it.
- You can either select the sheets manually so as to include only those which you want from that excel file or else click on “Odd” button to click the odd sheets (i.e 1,3,5 etc) or else click on “Even” button to click the even sheets (i.e. 2, 4, 6).
- If you want to put a password on the PDF file which you create then click on “Setup” button.
- Click on “security” tab. You have two options either you can put password for programs such as Adobe acrobat reader to open the files.
- Also you can put a password for programs such as Adobe Acrobat reader to allow it to print the pdf file or make changes.
- Click on “OK” after making necessary changes.
- Click on “Convert” button to change the excel file to PDF.
- If you have more than one sheet in the excel file then you will have separate PDF files for the sheet.
Method 2 of 2: Convert excel file to PDF online
Now we can also convert an excel file to PDF online. One of such site is excel to pdf.org.
- Open the website.
- Click on “Choose File” button to select the excel file.
- You have different options to choose such as paper size, paper orientation, margin etc. Choose as per your requirement.
- Also you have the option to choose the file retention time, i.e until when the file will be available one day, one week, one month.
- After making the necessary selection click on “Convert” button.
- The conversion process starts.
- You will get a message when the conversion process is completed. You have different options, either you can download the PDF file, send the file to an email address, directly save the file in Dropbox or Google drive or share it.
- Click the button as per your requirement.
So you can use either of the process the first one will not require any internet connection once you have software installed in your system. Also you can apply a security key for the converted PDF file.
If you are using online method then you don’t need to download any software. Also you can save the files directly to Google drive, Dropbox or share it.