What is merging partition ?
Merging partition is dissolving one partition into another to increase the size of a partition. If you have more than two partitions and you don’t have use of those partitions, then you can merge partitions together.
Click on this link How to create a partition if you want to create
How to merge partitions together using Disk Management ?
Open disk management window by either one of the two ways mentioned below.
- Right click on “My Computer” icon on the desktop and click on “Manage“
- You can also access Disk Management from “Control Panel” – “Administrative Tools ” – “Computer Management” – “Disk Management“.
- Now Right click on the partition which you want to merge with the other.
- Click on “Delete Volume“.
- You will get a warning that all the data on the drive will be deleted and you should backup the data.
- If you haven’t backed up the data then click on “No” and proceed with backup at first.
- If you have backed up then click on “Yes” button.
- Now the volume label and the drive letter for the partition will be removed.
- Now right click on the drive to which you wan to merge the deleted partition.
- Click on “Extend Volume“.
- Now you will get a wizard for extending volume.
- Click on “Next” button.
- Now you can see the deleted partition on the right box. Click on “Next” button.
- Click on “Finish” button and the partitions will be merged together.
This is how you merge partitions together with Disk Management and increase the size of a partition.