Frustrated because you can find the volume icon on the taskbar notification area. No worries. Below are some of the steps you can follow to bring back the volume icon on the notification area.
But first make sure that you have audio driver installed in your PC.
In Windows 7
- Right click on taskbar area and click on properties. You will get the follow dialog box.
- Click on ‘Customize‘ button.
- You will get the following window again.
- Click on the drop down menu for the volume icon and select ‘show notification and icon‘ and click on ‘OK“
- Now you are able to see the volume icon on the notification tray.