Is it important to Update Windows?
Yes it is important for updating windows. Microsoft release patches for security utilities like windows defender which provides security against malware and viruses. Also it provides important updates for utilities software and office programs.
But there are times when you don’t want to update windows automatically. You need to wait long time for windows to update and shutdown windows. So you may want to change the setting for windows update.
How can you turn off automatic windows update?
- Go to “Control panel“
- Click on “Windows update“
- You will get the following screen.
- Click on “Change settings” and you will get the following screen.
- Select the “Third” option which will notify you if there is a new update version.
- If you don’t want to check for update then select the fourth option.
- Then click on “OK” button at the bottom right corner.
How to manually select which update you want to install?
- When you go to the windows update from the control panel you will get the following screen.
- Click on “View available updates“. You will get the available updates and from there you can select whatever updates you want to install.